“Imagine Your Story” will be our theme for the Summer Reading Program 2020.
- This theme, based on Fairy Tales, Mythology, and Fantasy
- The benefits of summer reading programming for children:
- Children are motivated to read.
- Children develop positive attitudes about reading, books, and the library.
- Children maintain their reading skills during summer vacation.
- Children have access to experiences that further their sense of discovery.
- Children have access to experiences through which they can learn to work cooperatively.
LOCAL COLLEGE SAVE WINNER FROM “UNIVERSE OF STORIES” PROGRAM
The Casselton Public Library is pleased to announce that Greydon Hagen of Casselton was randomly selected as the recipient of $529 into a College Save account for his participation in the library summer reading program. The North Dakota State Library partnered with the Bank of North Dakota to bring the College SAVE Summer Reading Champions Campaign to participating libraries in the 2019 Collaborative Summer Reading Program, “Universe of Stories”.